Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Give Thanks

Well, today I spent most of my afternoon walking around with a song in my heart:

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks...because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son.

I have been overwhelmed with thankfulness today. Perhaps it's the fall season that came on so strong--kids back in school, crisp cool days, myself adorned in hoodies and sweaters. Or perhaps it's the fast-approaching holiday season, which I love! Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday of the year. Food, family & friends are great, but the reason we are so thankful and ALL that we have to be thankful for really are what makes it my favorite holiday. Then came this verse to mind:

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thess 5:18)

All this, plus the fact that fall and it's kaleidoscope of color is my favorite season, inspired my newest work. Not complicated at all and only took about an hour, but it came from a truly thankful heart full of joy and peace knowing all that God has done for us.

My husband loved it so much he wants one for the office. I can say the wall decal will very likely be a part of our Thanksgiving decor this year. How about yours?


You can purchase this lovely Thanksgiving Wall Decal at my Etsy store: Mandy's Lovable Designs. Have a blessed day friends!

♥ Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment